So here I was on New Year’s Day of 2014 – working. Several sites needed updating, my photo files were in a sad state of disarray, nothing had been done on my book, and the only answer seemed to be giving up sleeping. What to do?
On a routine check of my email I saw a webinar that was about to start. I almost clicked ‘Trash’ and then noticed the title. This was about simplifying so it felt like kismet. Although watching some lengthy webinar that would take up even more of my time seemed counter-productive, I did it anyway.
Imagine my surprise when Internet marketer Chris Farrell began talking about being overwhelmed, relatively unproductive, and not doing as well in business over the past year! He had my attention. While there may be light years difference in our incomes, the problems were the same. Our day was much the same. As things unfolded, I made notes.
I made a desktop photo to remind me of the message. I made a folder for my journals, coloured it pink just because, and made a document called Schedule for Tomorrow, another called What Did I Achieve Today Business, and another called What Did I Achieve Today Personal.
Then I began to implement the plan. Does it work? Yes! It works instantly. Everything changed in 24 hours, even my mood. Yours may be a little different in the fine details but here is mine as an overall guide:
The 4-7am routine.
(Yes, 4 a.m. – I panicked at first but if I follow the routine, it’s painless and easy)
- Wake up. Have a large glass of water and a Cellgevity (use your brain boosting supplement of choice if you have one).
- Put the coffee on.
- Meditate for 15 minutes. I do transcendental.
- Have coffee and a piece of fruit.
- Play Brain Games for 15 minutes. (I use Lumosity – there is a free version and a paid one that is made just for you. It works!)
- Take 60 minutes to learn something new that will help my business: Here I add something I’ve always wanted to learn about but haven’t had time.
- Do some very gentle stretching for about 10 minutes
- Have breakfast and take vitamins.
- Spend 60 minutes on earning time. Do something here specifically targeted toward earning money. Could be an offer to your online list, creating a new product, anything that adds to your income.
- At 7 or 8 depending when I get up, start main day. All those things that occur during the business hours of my day go here.
- Before bed, schedule and plan the next morning and fill this in so I have it when I wake up tomorrow.
- Date and write a line or two in both my What Did I Achieve Today journals.
- Meditate for 15 minutes. Go to bed between 10 and 11pm.
This is a joke, right?
When I first thought about doing this, it seemed not only grossly unattractive but also impossible. Now I can’t imagine any other way of living. The meditation leaves me feeling as if I’ve had an extra few hours sleep and doing things in this order leaves me incredibly focused.
There is time for everything, including yoga or walks in the snow. Think about it—you’ve accomplished a lot by the time most people are just opening their eyes. And it feels fantastic! In fact, it’s addictive.
Drink lots of water throughout the day and remember to take 10 minute breaks to stretch. You’re welcome